Sydney Naturopath John D. McGuire
Naturopath/Complementary and Traditional Medicine Specialist.
For Your Complementary and Traditional Medicine/Naturopathic Consultation in Sydney:
Mobile: (0418) 292 809.
Why choose John D. McGuire as your qualified complementary and traditional medicine specialist for your health care? (see testimonials)
1. John D. McGuire has been in private practice for over 30 years.
2. He is highly qualified, holding a master’s degree (with distinction) in complementary medicine.
3. As a health scientist well qualified in the medical sciences, he will work in conjunction with your general practitioner or specialist, not in opposition.
4. He will prescribe ‘tailor made medications’ according to your needs.
5. Australia has strict protocols for the manufacture of natural medicines and these are made to the ‘Code of Good Manufacturing Practice’ which is controlled by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. John D. McGuire only makes and uses medications that fully comply with this code.
6. Find out why 92% of John D. McGuire’s patients have been recommended to his practice by other satisfied patients.
Place yourself in safe trained hands
John D. McGuire
University Masters Degree (with Distinction) in Complementary Medicine
DBM, ND, DHT, DH Pharm (Post Grad), BHlthSc (Comp Med), MHlthSc with Distinction (Comp Med), MATMS, MCMPAC, MNHAA.
Provider No. ATMS0484HN
Health Scientist / Complementary and Traditional Medicine Specialist.
(John McGuire is a registered provider with all private health funds)
York City Health And Natural
Mobile:(0418) 292 809
• Herbal Medicine
• Nutritional Counselling/Dietetics
Naturopathy is both a philosophy and way of life that emphasises the body’s ability to heal itself naturally by living within the laws of nature, and by he use of natural foods and medicines (e.g., herbal medicine, homoeopathy, and nutritional therapy) that support self-healing mechanisms. Thus, naturopaths believe that nature has healing powers (vis medicatrix naturae), and that the body has considerable ability to heal itself. Encompassing this philosophy, the true naturopath facilitates and enhances this process with traditional medicines and/or physical therapies, diet and exercise. (1)
The naturopathic approach to health care helps prevent disease and keeps minor illnesses from developing into more serious or chronic degenerative diseases. Health is viewed as more than just the absence of disease; it is considered a dynamic state that enables a person to thrive in, or adapt to a wide range of environments and stresses. (2) One important aspect of naturopathic treatment is the ideal of working in partnership with the patient. This enables the practitioner to work holistically in order that both physical & emotional issues may be addressed.
Have we become a society reliant on a quick fix?
I believe we have, and I further believe that suppressing symptoms has become a common practice. Therefore, is the problem really fixed, or will it come back to bite us later? Logically, patients that are committed to their health and are proactive, increase their chance of a healthier future (particularly at retirement), and therefore should enjoy a better quality of life. This shift in attitude is what I believe will reduce the burden on an already over-stretched Medicare system. By reclaiming ownership of one’s health, and becoming more proactive in your health management, this is a major step in accepting the concept of holism.
1. Wayne B. Jonas, Jeffrey S. Levin (1999). Essentials of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Glossary Appendix D. lipincott Williams & Wilkins. A Wolters Kluwer Company. Philadelphia. Baltimore. New York. London. Beunos Aires. Hong Kong. Sydne. Tokyo. Glossary Appendix D. Page 581.
2. Micossi S. Marc (2001). Medical Guides To Complementary & Alternative Medicine. Second edition. Naturopathic Medicine. Fundamentals of Complementary and Altrnative Medicine. Pizzorno, Jr. Joseph E., Snider Pamela. Churchill Livingston. Chap 11, page 173.
York City Health is conveniently located just 4 minutes walk from Town Hall Station at:The Gowings Building (Corner of George and Market Streets), Suite 605, Level 6, 45 Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Mobile:0418 292 809
Consulting Hours (By appointment only):
MON 8:00 am to 1:00 pm/3:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
TUE 8:00 am to 1:00 pm/3:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
WED 8:00 am to 1:00 pm/3:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
THU 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
About John McGuire
John McGuire graduated in medical herbalism in 1978 and naturopathy in 1979. His training and knowledge in both complementary medicine and the medical sciences has enabled him to successfully combine traditional medicine and modern scientific technique in his lecturing and practice. His diverse history in complementary medicine includes:
• Senior lecturer in herbal medicine and naturopathic clinic supervisor at the NSW College of Osteopathic and Natural Sciences (St. Leonards) Sydney 1980-1982
• Senior lecturer in symptomatology and diagnosis/pathology at Nature Care College (Chatswood) Sydney 1982-1983
• Vice President of The National Herbalist Association of Australia 1982
• Guest lecturer to The Australian Pharmaceutical Industry 1982
• Tutor NSW University 1982-1983
• Lecturer in herbal medicine at The Southern Cross herbal School (Glebe) Sydney 1982-1983
• Consultant for Blackmore’s Professional Services
• Dean of The Australasian College of Natural Therapies
and senior lecturer (Ultimo) Sydney 1984-1987
• Senior lecturer in symptomatology and diagnosis/clinical methods/nutritional biochemistry/clinical chemistry/herbal pharmacology, and naturopathic clinic supervisor at Nature Care College (Artarmon) Sydney 1987-1989
• Senior lecturer in symptomatology and diagnosis for The Southern Cross Herbal School, (Gosford) NSW 1995
• Dean and senior lecturer in herbal pharmacology and drug interaction for SEARCH Scientific and Education (Killara and Chatswood) Sydney 1989-1996
• Honorarium, Novogen Women’s Health and Advisory Board, Sydney 2001-2003
• Conducting ongoing research into irritable bowel syndrome at Charles Sturt University (Albury, Bathurst, and Wagga Wagga campuses) 2001-2007
• Commenced Publishing scientific articles on irritable bowel syndrome 2005-2007
* Continued lecturing on his scientific research into
For over 30 years John has devoted his life to practicing traditional medicine, lecturing, research, and publishing scientific papers. His teaching posts have enabled him to educate both students, and a vast number of professionals (engaged in post-graduate training). These include biochemists, dieticians, doctors, herbalists, naturopaths, nurses, pharmacists, professors, etc.
His teaching and practice style encompasses a bipartisan approach utilising Western medical diagnostics and natural therapies (herbal medicine, homoeopathy, and nutrition) as the choice of treatment. Treatments are provided for a wide variety of disorders such as, environmental allergies, anxiety and stress disorders, men’s health, menopausal problems, skin and respiratory problems, gastro-intestinal disorders, e.g., irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
York City Health and Natural Therapies Centre strive to ensure that every patient is well informed and cared for throughout their treatment program. Whilst under the care of Mr.McGuire, he is contactable from 9:00am-6:00pm Monday to Saturday.
INTERNATIONAL SPORT KICKBOXING ASSOCIATION
AUSTRALIA/ NEW ZEALAND HEAD OFFICE
PO BOX 217 BOOLAROO NSW AUSTRALIA 2284
Cell: 61 408 508 474—Fax 61 2 49 508 475
email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.iska.com.au
To whom it may concern
John McGuire, York City Health Centre, has been treating both competitors and non competitors from many of the gyms, training schools and organization associated with the International Kickboxing Association for the past 19 years (1989). Including my Martial Arts gyms, Murdoch’s Workshop P/L and fight gym’s Heng Kuai Fighting Arts, Wyong FiteNfitness and Tamworth Fighting Arts.
As one of Australia’s leading trainers of kickboxing, Thai Boxing and general Martial Arts fitness, I have John McGuire (York City Health Centre) as an important part of our competition program in improving both their stamina and recovery phase post training. John’s contribution has helped in securing two World kickboxing titles with champions, Robert Murdoch Jnr 1997 and Benjamin Steel 2000; there are many more National and International champions that are too many to list. The elite fitness level they reach is a credit to all that are associated with their training, and it is without doubt the influence that stems from John McGuire is an essential part of their program.
Here is the quote from the official report on the seminar that I led in April:
“The seminar leader role was multi tasked, ranging from the seminar leader being the main point of contact for all seminar matters, to greeting and introducing presenters, managing and monitoring sessions to ensure they flowed well and conformed to time limits, and compering and being the Master of Ceremonies. ANZIIF’s consultant subject matter expert, Colin Packham did an outstanding job - he attended every session, engaged the delegates and was tireless in providing support to both delegates and presenters.”
John, I could not have done it without your help (especially the tireless bit!). Many thanks; we’re going to do another one next year!
A work colleague recommended that I see John McGuire as I was concerned about becoming forgetful and was also having a little trouble with reflux. After a few visits John suggested that I have a full blood test as he privately suspected that there could be a problem. After some investigation the various tests showed that I had a very small cancer blocking the gall bladder. My doctor and surgeon both commented that it was the smallest cancer they had seen and were amazed that it had been diagnosed in the first place. I phoned John to cancel my next appointment and to tell him that I was being admitted for surgery to remove the cancer, nothing more.
On returning to John after the operation, his first words were “well, was it anything to do with the gall?”. This was five years ago, and I have been clear ever since. As a result I have continued to see John with problems relating to the operation and other side issues, finding him to be very caring and knowledgeable, giving his patients his full attention at all times and I have complete confidence in his ability to look after my health.